Akádẹ́mì (Greek Ἀκαδημία) jẹ́ ilé ẹ̀kö gíga àti ilé ẹ̀kö ìjìnlẹ̀. Akádẹ́mì is an institution of higher learning, research, or honorary membership. The name traces back to Plato's school of Ìmòye, founded approximately 385 BC at Akademia, a sanctuary of Athena, the goddess of wisdom and skill, north of Áténì, Gríìsì.
Bibliografi[àtúnṣe | àtúnṣe àmìọ̀rọ̀]
- Alan Cameron, "The last days of the Academy at Athens," in Proceedings of the Cambridge Philological Society vol 195 (n.s. 15), 1969, pp 7–29.
- Gerald Bechtle, Bryn Mawr Classical Review of Rainer Thiel, Simplikios und das Ende der neuplatonischen Schule in Athen. Stuttgart, 1999 (in English).
- John Glucker, Antiochus and the Late Academy, Göttingen 1978.
- Francis Haskell and Nicholas Penny, 1981. Taste and the Antique: The Lure of Classical Sculpture, 1500–1900 (New Haven: Yale University Press)
Itokasi[àtúnṣe | àtúnṣe àmìọ̀rọ̀]
Plato's Akádẹ́mì[àtúnṣe | àtúnṣe àmìọ̀rọ̀]
- Academy of Plato – MacTutor
- Atlas of Ancient and Classical Geography (Project Gutenberg) see Athens & Syracuse map – by Samuel Butler
- Christopher Planeaux' history of the site of the Academy
- Plato's Academy, from the Hellenic Ministry of Culture
- Map of ancient Athens with location of the Academy
- Site of the Academy rediscovered (needs better site linked)
- The Academy, from the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Modern institutions[àtúnṣe | àtúnṣe àmìọ̀rọ̀]
- The Academy, a summer school run by the Institute of Ideas, "aiming to remind us just what universities should be like and to demonstrate the importance of scholarship through an examination of subjects in depth"
- Slavic Greek Latin Academy
- Academy Burg Fürsteneck German academy for vocational and cultural education in the castel Burg Fürsteneck
- The Academy Buckley Dance School
- Academy Drama School website
- Academy of Athens, official website of the modern institution
- Ardennes Outdoor Academy of the Thierry Graduate School of Leadership
- Department for Education – Academies webpages
- Digital Media Academy
- Film Academy
- Geneva Academy of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- The Academy at Charlemont
- iD Programming Academy
- The Jewish Academy
- The United States Air Force Academy
- Worcester Academy
- Deerfield Academy
- Database of the Italian Academies at the British Library
- Academy for Self-improvement
- Website of the Italian Academies 1525-1700 Project