Jay-Z at the Shawn Carter Foundation Carnival in September 2011.
|Birth name||Shawn Corey Carter|
|Born||Oṣù Kejìlá 4, 1969
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Associated acts||Memphis Bleek, Foxy Brown, Big Jaz, The Notorious B.I.G., Beyoncé, Rihanna, Kanye West, Linkin Park, R. Kelly, Eminem, Big L|
Shawn Corey Carter (born December 4, 1969), better known by his stage name Jay-Z, is an American rapper, record producer, entrepreneur, and occasional actor. He is one of the most financially successful hip hop artists and entrepreneurs in America, having a net worth of over $450 million as of 2010. He has sold approximately 50 million albums worldwide, while receiving thirteen Grammy Awards for his musical work, and numerous additional nominations. He is consistently ranked as one of the greatest rappers of all-time. He was ranked so by MTV in their list of The Greatest MCs of All-Time in 2006. Two of his albums, Reasonable Doubt (1996) and The Blueprint (2001) are considered landmarks in the genre with both of them being ranked in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. Blender, included the former on their 500 CDs You Must Own Before You Die.
|Àyọkà yìí tàbí apá rẹ̀ únfẹ́ àtúnṣe sí.
Itokasi[àtúnṣe | àtúnṣe àmìọ̀rọ̀]
- Mikelbank, Peter. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20164322,00.html People Magazine article, December 5, 2007. Retrieved October 31, 2009.
- The Greatest MCs of All Time MTV. Retrieved on December 26, 2006
- O'Malley Greenburg=, Zack (September 22, 2010). "Jay-Z’s $50 Million Music Box". Forbes. http://blogs.forbes.com/zackomalleygreenburg/2010/09/22/jay-zs-50-million-music-box/. Retrieved November 22, 2010.
- Sherwin, Adam (June 26, 2008). "Blingedup wellies for Glastonbury arrive at JayZs hotel". The Times (London). http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article4217430.ece.
- "RIAA – Gold & Platinum – August 8, 2008". Riaa.com. http://riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=tblTopArt. Retrieved September 4, 2010.
- "Acclaimed Music: Jay-Z". Acclaimed Music. http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/061024/A3626.htm. Retrieved July 21, 2007.