Felix Abidemi Fabunmi
Felix Abidemi Fabunmi je ojogbon (Professor) ninu imo eda-ede (Linguistics) ati ede Yoruba (Yoruba Language) ni Eka-Eko Imo Eda-ede ati Awon Ede Adulawo (Department of Linguistics and African Languages) ni Yunifásítì Ọbáfẹ́mi Awólọ́wọ̀ ni Ile-Ife , Nigeria. Ni odun 2006 ni o gba oye ijinle omowe (PhD). Apileko re da lori Mofoli, eka-ede Yoruba kan ti won n so ni ile Bene (Benin Republic). Akori iwe apileko akogboye naa ni "Asiko ati Iba-Isele ninu Eka-ede Yoruba Mofoli" (Tense and Aspect in the Mofoli Dialect of Yoruba). Opolopo ise ni o ti se lori ede Yoruba. O gba oye imo ijinle akoko (BA Yoruba) lodun 1992, oun lo gbegba oroke ju: First Class Honours. Lodun 1998 lo gba oye imo ijinle keji (MA Yoruba Language); bakan naa lo tun gba oye imo ijinle keji miiran (MA Linguistics) lodun 2004 ni Yunifasiti ilu Ibadan. Obafemi Awolowo University lo ti gba oye omowe (PhD Yoruba Language & Linguistics) ni 2006. Lodun 2013 ni Felix Abidemi Fabunmi di ojogbon ni Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. O tun gba oye imo ijinle miiran lori eko Tiologi (Theology) - (M.Div.Th) lodun 2018 lati ile-eko giga ti awon oniwaasu: the Nigerian Baptist Theological Seminary, Ogbomoso, Nigeria. Oun naa lo tun gbegba oroke ju lo laarin awon akekoo kilaasi re. Akori ise apileko M.Div.Th re ni: "Contemporary Evangelistic and Church Growth Strategies in Ebenezer Baptist Church, Ile-Ife."
Lodun 1993 ni Ojogbon Felix Abidemi Fabunmi bere ise oluko ni OAU Ile-Ife. O di Olori Eka-Eko (HoD) Imo Eda-ede ati Ede Adulawo (Acting Head, Department of Linguistics and African Languages) OAU Ile-Ife lodun 2007. Die lara awon ise to ti fi koni niwonyi: YOR 105-Introduction to the Study of Language; YOR 106-General Phonetics; YOR 207-Phonology of Yoruba; YOR209-Introduction to Morphology; YOR301-Yoruba Syntax II; YOR 305-Grammar of the Yoruba Language from the Earliest to the Present; YOR407-Dialects of the Yoruba Language; YOR 402-Topics in the Structure of Yoruba; LIN 101-Language & Linguistics; LIN 103-Basic Grammatical Concepts; LIN 105-The Production of Speech I; LIN 102-Languages in Nigeria; LIN 104-Language Use & Language Attitudes; LIN 106-The Production of Speech II; LIN201-Basic Grammar; LIN207-Introduction to Sociolinguistics; LIN303-Semantics; LIN305-Transformational Grammar; LIN307-Morphology; LIN309-Phonology; LIN405-Transformational Grammar III; LIN302-Linguistics for Students of Literature; LIN304-Linguistics and Languages Teaching; LIN310-Linguistics and Translation; LIN204-The Production of Speech IV; LIN206-Basic Grammar II; LIN102 Languages in Nigeria; LIN402-Pidgin & Creole Languages; LIN408-Lexicography; LIN601 General Phonetics; LIN603-Syntactic Descriptions; YOR601-The Phonology of Yoruba;YOR602-Yoruba Verb Phrase; etc.
Ojogbon Felix Abidemi Fabunmi ti sise iwadii lori ede Yoruba, imo eda-ede Yoruba; o tun n sise lori awon eka-ede Yoruba paapaa ju lo awon eka-ede Yoruba to wa leyin-odi Naijiria. Die lara awon ise re to ti te jade niwonyi:
- 2001."Notes on Ijesa Tense and aspect Marking", Studies in African Linguistics, 30,1:113-114
- 2002. "Contextualised Theory of Beauty as a Pivot in Yoruba Oratures", Journal of languages and Literatures, 2,1&2:106-117
- 2003."A GPSG Appraisal of Sequential Distribution of Auxiliary Verbs in Ijesa Dialect of Yoruba", Nordic Journal of African Studies, 12,3:337-348.
- 2004. "The Status of Yoruba Dialects in Communicative Conpetence and Language Proficiency", Africa Development, xxix, 3:103-113.
- 2005. (Fabunmi & Salawu). "Is Yoruba an Endangered Language?", Nordic Journal of African Studies, 14, 3:391-408. http://www.njas.helsinki.fi/pdf-files/vol14num3/fabunmi.pdf
- 2006. "Various Grammar of the Yoruba Language From Earliest to the Latest", An Encyclopaedia of the Arts, 12, 1:14-27.
- 2007. "A Linguistic Introduction to the Mofoli Dialect of Yoruba", Nigerian Languages, Literatures, Culture and Reforms, No 6:487-504.
- 2008. "The Syntax of Auxiliaries in the Yoruba Proverbs", Languages and Linguistics in Nigeria, 7:89-109.
- 2009a. "A GPSG Strcuture of Aspect in Yoruba-Akoko", in Current Perspectives in Syntax and Dialectology, pages 156-191.
- 2009b. A Grammatical Analysis of Mofoli Dialect of Yoruba. Plumstead, Cape Town, South Africa: The Center for Advanced Studies of African Society (CASAS). ISBN: ISBN 978-1-920447-22-9 (223 pages).
- 2009c.Current Perspectives in Phono-Syntax and Dialectology. Edited by Gordon S.K. Adika, Felix Abidemi Fabunmi & Akeem Segun Salawu. A Publication of the Department of Gur-Gonja, Faculty of Languages, University of Education, Winneba, Ghana. ISBN: ISBN 978-9988-8489-1-0 (457 pages).
- 2010a. Negation and the Scope of Negation in Yoruba Mofoli. Germany: VDM Verlag Dr. Muller. ISBN: ISBN 978-3-639-25527-0 (192 pages).
- 2010b. "Vigesimal Numerals in Ife (Togo) and Ife (Nigeria) Dialects of Yoruba." Lingistik Online 43, 3/2010 http://www.linguistik-online.de/43_10/fabunmi.html
- 2011. "On the Formation of Questions in Ekegusii and Yoruba Mofoli." Papers in English and Linguistics, vol. 11:78-94
- 2012. Asèrànwó Òrò-ìse Nínú Yorùbá Ìjèsà (Auxiliary Verbs in Ìjèsà Dialect of Yorùbá). Ile-Ife, Nigeria: Obafemi Awolowo University Press. ISBN: 978-136-057-7 (189 pages).
- 2013a. Readings in African Dialectology and Applied Linguistics. Edited by Felix Abidemi Fabunmi & Akeem Segun Salawu. Munchen, Germany: LINCOM EUROPA Academic Publishers (GmbH). ISBN: ISBN 9783862884179 (542 Pages).
- 2013b. "Negation in Sixteen Yorùbá Dialects." Open Journal of Modern Linguistics. Vol.3, No.1, 1-8 Published Online March 2013 in SciRes (http://www.scirp.org/journal/ojml) DOI:10.4236/ojml.2013.31001
- Fabunmi, F. A. (ed.) 2014. Journal of African Culture and Languages. Vol 1, No. 1. Co-edited and published by the Department of Ghanaian Languages Education (Gur), University of Education, Winneba, Ghana. Vol. 2, No. 1 (208 pages).
- Fabunmi, F. A. (ed.) 2016. Ifè̩ Journal of Languages and Literatures. Edited and published by the Department of Linguistics and African Languages, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Vol. 2, No. 1 (292 pages).
- Fabunmi, F. A. 2017. (ed.) Ifè̩ Journal of Languages and Literatures. Edited and published by the Department of Linguistics and African Languages, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Vol. 3, No. 1 (202 pages).
- Fabunmi, F. A. 2018. (ed.) Ifè̩ Journal of Languages and Literatures. Edited and published by the Department of Linguistics and African Languages, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Vol. 4, No. 1 (203 pages).
- Fabunmi, F. A. 2019. (ed.) Ifè̩ Journal of Languages and Literatures. Edited and to be published by the Department of Linguistics and African Languages, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Vol. 5, No. 1 (in press).
<---Felix Abídèmí Fábùnmi attended the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife and University of Ibadan, Ibadan Nigeria. He won the Faculty Prize for the best over-all performance in the 1992 Graduating Class, Faculty of Arts, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ilé-Ifè, Nigeria. He holds a PhD degree in Yorùbá Linguistics and has been teaching since 1993 in the Department of Linguistics and African Languages, Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, where he is currently a Senior Lecturer. He was appointed the Acting Head of the Department in 2007. His main research focus over the last decade has been issues on the Yorùbá language and the Yorùbá dialectology. His findings have shown that every dialectal variety is in itself a legitimate form of the Yorùbá language. His areas of specialization also include Applied Linguistics, Syntax, Syntactic Theories, Phonology, Language Contacts and Macro Sociolinguistics. He is the author of an analytical book on Yorùbá Dialect-Syntax published by The Centre for Advanced Studies of African Society, Cape Town, South Africa. He has also co-edited a book "Current Perspectives in Phono-Syntax and Dialectology" (with Gordon Adika & A. S. Salawu). He is an international assessor for SKY Journal of Linguistics, Finland. His book, "Negation and the Scope of Negation in Yoruba Mofoli" was published in Germany by VDM Verlag publishers in 2010. In 2012, he also authored another book titled (Asèrànwó Òrò-ìse Nínú Yorùbá Ìjèsà) the "Auxiliary Verbs in Ìjèsà Dialect of Yorùbá" published by Obafemi Awolowo University press. Very recently, 2013, Dr Fabunmi co-edited another book with Dr. Akeem Segun Salawu; the title of the book is "Readings in African Dialectology and Applied Linguistics" published in Munchen, Germany by the LINCOM EUROPA Academic Publishers (GmbH). Dr. Fabunmi was an InField Scholar, Institute on Field Linguistics and Language Documentation, University of California at Santa Barbara, USA (June-September 2008). He is a Post-Doctoral Fellow of the American Council of Learned Society, African Humanities Program (ACLS-AHP), between August 2010 and July 2011. He was also a visiting scholar at the International Institute for Advanced Studies, Ghana (October to December 2010). --->