- 1964 – Anti-apartheid activist and ANC leader Nelson Mandela is sentenced to life in prison for sabotage in South Africa.
- 1987 – The Central African Republic's former Emperor Jean-Bédel Bokassa is sentenced to death for crimes he had committed during his 13-year rule.
- 1993 – An election takes place in Nigeria which and is later annulled by the military Government led by Ibrahim Babangida.
Àwọn ọlọ́jọ́ìbí lóòní...
- 1819 – Charles Kingsley, English writer (d. 1875)
- 1924 – George H. W. Bush, 41st President of the United States
Àwọn aláìsí lóòní...