- 1948 – Columbia Records introduces the long-playing record album in a public demonstration at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City.
- 1964 – Three civil rights workers, Andrew Goodman, James Chaney and Mickey Schwerner, are murdered in Neshoba County, Mississippi, United States, by members of the Ku Klux Klan.
- 2006 – Pluto's newly discovered moons are officially named Nix & Hydra.
Àwọn ọlọ́jọ́ìbí lóòní...
- 1905 – Jean-Paul Sartre, French philosopher and writer, Nobel laureate (al. 1980)
- 1947 – Shirin Ebadi, Iranian lawyer, Nobel Peace Prize laureate
- 1970 – Pete Rock, olórin rap àti DJ ará Amẹ́ríkà
Àwọn aláìsí lóòní...